Sunday, August 15, 2010

DETAILS FROM EYEWITNESSES AT CAL 200 CRASH: Area were crash took place known as "The Rock Pile". "SUREAL SCENE"

By Randy Economy
August 15, 2010
UPDATE 12:29 a.m.

Lucerne Valley, CA

I am getting many emails for eyewitnesses to the horrific crash that took place at the California 200 Off Road race Saturday night in the desert.

Here are a couple of comments that I wanted to post to my many many readers who are seeking updated information.   I have a couple of calls into law enforcement officials. 

Hey Randy:   

"I am fine, just a little surreal right now. The number might have just jumped to 9 deaths. One victim passed away at the hospital, or en route to the hospital. Lots of mixed info right now."

"I personally witnessed 50+ emergency vehicles."

"The area where the accident took place is at an area called 'The rock pile' where 85-90% of spectators gather to watch the race, as that is the first tough part of the course. There is a jump as you enter the turn, and apparently the race truck came off the jump sideways, and took out a large group of people."

"Several helo's (copters ) are/were on scene."

"Unknown how many total were transported, but numbers are near 20 I am told."

If you were at this scene tonight, please feel free to hit my comment section below.
Randy 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Sttunned said...

The only thing I can say is this was horrible, and I wish I would have NEVER been there to witness this.