Saturday, August 14, 2010

Video: California 200 Race Course is wild, and so so dangerous. A look at the 2009 off road race that turned tragic one year later.


Lucerne Valley, CA
August 14, 2010
11:45 p.m.

I wanted to post the above video of the 2009 edition of the California 200 Night Race from the Lucerne Valley.   One of my readers sent me this link within minutes of my last post, and I wanted to thank her for this clip.

On Saturday one of cars that was participating in the 2010 race flew off course and tragically killed at least 8 fans and injured several others.  

The race in 09 was won by Steve Herrera and Zack Smith. 

As you can tell, this sport is wild and appears to be very dangerous.   I also want you to notice just how close the fans are located to the actual cars that are literally flying by them  within a few feet.

The name of the driver involved in the crash on Saturday night has not been released, and neither have the victims who died or those injured.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: