Saturday, August 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS : EIGHT KILLED AT CALIFORNIA 200 Night Race, scores injured. Horrific ordeal unfolds in the desert

Breaking News:
By Randy Economy
August 14, 2010
10:30 p.m.
LUCERNE VALLEY: 
A night of fun at the California 200 Night Race in the Lucerne Valley has turned into a scene of death and carnage beyond words.
At least 8 people are dead and many others have been injured when one of the race vehicles went out of control and slammed violently into the crowd.
The accident took place just one half hour into the race that began at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night.  The location of the race was at Bessemer Mine Road at Soggy Lake, on Course A.  The names of the victims have not been released.  As soon as they are, I will be posting them here on my blog.
I have been to this course in the past.  It is very popular and always draws large enthusiastic crowds. Saturday was no exception according to organizers.
San Bernardino County Fire sent seven ambulances and 10 air ships to the scene.  They are still at the location.
If you where there tonight, or if you have photos or video from the scene, please send them directly to my email at RREconomy@aol.com
 
Mojave Desert Racing (www.MDRRacing.com)  has not posted official details on the crash. I have tried to communicate with them at their website but it has been taken down as of 1:49 a.m.
Please, pray for those who were lost tonight and those injured.
RrE
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Greg from Apple Valley said...

Randy, I dropped to my knees when I was at this race tonight and just began to Pray. I can't stop shaking.

Brit Reader said...

I live in the UK, and just saw your Blog on the BBC. Thanks for the coverage. This should have NEVER happened.

Germany Man said...

Hey Mr. Randy....
Here Deutschland German, and saw your link in local news edition. I pray for those killed