Sunday, August 15, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: WITNESSES...CRASH LOCATION MAP PINPOINTED

Map www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com

By Randy Economy
August 15, 2010
12:49 a.m.

I wanted to publish this map of where eyewitnesses telling me where the tragic accident at the California 200 Off Road Race in the Lucerne Valley took place Saturday night.  

Eight people were killed and many others are injured (perhaps as many as 20 according to my sources).

The location of crash was on the east side of Bessemer Mine Road before Mile Marker 45 where the course  takes a tight turn around what appears to be a "rock."  

The race was run in "reverse" order so MM 45 is actually MM 4 or 5 (location as posted here).

Permission to reprint map granted with credit of 
"Map provided by Randy Economy of www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com."
 


Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there. Most horrific thing I have EVER SEEN.

Anonymous said...

Just got home from race. Took me 5 hours to get out of there. Place is chaos.

Limerick Ireland said...

In Limerick, Ireland. I love California and this race. Saw it before and can't believe this happened.

BBC reporter in London said...

Mr. Economy.... I have tried to contact the promoter of this race at www.mdrracing.com and they have taken DOWN their website around one hour ago. I want to get a press statement from them. Have you got a better contact? I work for the BBC in London.

Randy Economy said...

TO BBC REPORTER:

I have also tried to contact the promoter of this race to no avail. Yes, as far as I can tell, their web site has been taken down.

Randy Economy said...

The website for www.mdrracing.com is back up. No mention of crash or details as of 2 a.m. PST. Will call Sheriff's for update.