Monday, November 15, 2010

CAPITOL ALERT: Producer Brian Quintana joins race to replace late California State Senator Jenny Oropeza. Its about "JOBS, JOBS, AND MORE JOBS." Not "politics" as usual.

California State SenateImage via Wikipedia
Hollywood Producer Brian Quintana and Oprah!
By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
November 15, 2010
5:23 p.m.
South Bay, CA
First of all, I know both Ted Leiu and Brian Quintana who are now going "head to head" in the upcoming Special Election in California's 28th Senate District for more years than I would like to remind myself.  (Forever young....lol). I have the utmost respect for Ted and his accomplishments as an elected official.
But, I have decided to help my longtime friend Brian Quintana in his quest to help bring jobs, jobs, jobs, and more jobs to this wonderful area of Los Angeles County and to become the next State Senator from the South Bay.  The political posturing has begun.  This is from today's Sacramento Bee's "Capitol Alert."
Stay tuned.  I will be following this campaign from "inside" "Camp B'q '11" throughout the next several weeks. Look for a March or April election day.  Good luck to everyone who will be joining Brian and Ted in this "excellent adventure" to replace the irreplaceable State Senator Jenny Oropeza.
RrE
The field of contenders for the 28th Senate District special continues to shrink, with another possible contender opting to endorse Democratic candidate Ted Lieu instead of launching a bid of his own.
Assemblyman Warren Furutani, D-Gardena, , had been considering running for the seat vacated by the death of Sen. Jenny Oropeza, D-Long Beach. But he announced this weekend that he will not run in upcoming special election, saying recent news of a projected $25.4 billion budget deficit was a "harsh reminder of the challenges and problems awaiting my attention in Sacramento." "During my recent re-election campaign, I pledged to the constituents of the 55th Assembly District that if re-elected I would 'serve them to the best of my ability.' I plan and will enthusiastically honor that pledge and thank the residents of the 55th Assembly District for allowing me to represent them once again," Furutani said in a statement provided by the Lieu campaign. Lieu, the termed-out representative for the 53rd Assembly District, is the only Democrat to formally announce a bid for the heavily Democratic district. Another politician eyeing the seat, Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn, said last week that she wouldn't run.Furutani, like Hahn, endorsed Lieu, saying the Torrance Democrat would do an "excellent job of representing our area in the State Senate." 
 
The Republican who lost to the late Oropeza on the Nov. 2 ballot has reportedly decided not to run in the special election, which will be called once members are sworn in Dec. 6. But Lieu could still face a same-party challenge in the heavily Democratic district Hollywood producer Brian Quintana. Quintana, who won more than 300,000 votes in his June primary challenge to Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, said in an e-mailed statement that his "base, name ID and appeal to crossover voters could make him a formidable candidate." "Several immediate family members lost their jobs in the aerospace industry so I was personally affected. I have spent the last fifteen years working in the entertainment industry and for various sports franchises. I will only run if I can continue to attract those high paying jobs to the South Bay region," said Quintana, who says he spent much of his childhood in the South Bay.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Brian GO!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know how to contact Brian Quintana's campaign ... interested in volunteering, but I don't know how to get in touch. Please share if you do.

Randy Economy said...

To the above "fan" of Brian's. You can drop him a note to bqtheproducer@aol.com. That is probably the best way to contact Brian directly. He will be making an "official" announcement within the next week, according to a press statement I received yesterday. Thanks for the note. Randy