|Suspect was driving a car that resembles this Honda....|
By Randy Economy
August 27, 2010
The 105 Freeway in Downey was turn into a murder scene tonight, after a Bellflower man was shot to death while his terrified family watched helplessly in their family mini van.
Tonight, all of us in the greater Bellflower, Cerritos, Norwalk and Downey community need to be aware of this crime, and to be on the look out for the man responsible for this horrific murder.
Here are the details:
- Downey Police Department and the CHP are investigating the fatal shooting on the eastbound 105 Freeway in Downey.
- Police say the man who was shot was involved in some kind of a "road rage" incident on Lakewood Blvd. at about 6:28 p.m.
- The man died at a local hospital.
- Victim was 28 years old. His wife and two young children who were with him were not injured.
- The suspect was driving a car described as a (possibly blue) 2002 Honda Accord with tinted windows. See the above photo as an "example."
- Words were reportedly exchanged before the shooting, according to the Downey Police Department.
- The car came to a stop on the freeway between Lakewood Blvd. and Bellflower Blvd.
- The 105 Freeway was closed down for several hours as law enforcement conducted an intense investigation.
- The name of the man who was killed has not been released.
- The shooter in the Blue Honda Accord got away and tonight law enforcement is looking for him.
My hearts goes out to the family. Lets CATCH those RESPONSIBLE!