Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pedestrian killed on 91 Freeway in Bellflower on Friday is identified as Quinn Luckett, age 20

Breaking News
By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
June 13, 2010

Bellflower, CA:

A local man identified as Quinn Luckett, age 20, was killed after he apparently jumped in front of a car on the westbound 91 Freeway Friday night at around 7:30 p.m.  The accident shut down the freeway for several hours.

Luckett was listed as a Bellflower resident at the coroner's office, but the California Highway Patrol said he actually lives in Whittier.  Tonight, I want to send my thoughts and prayers to those who knew this young man.


A motorist called 911 and reported that Luckett was running north across eastbound lanes of the 91 then jumped over the center divider to the westbound side of the freeway and was struck by a silver Honda Accord.

CHP is reporting that Luckett "intentionally jumped" into the path of the Honda, and his injuries resulted in his death.  He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics and an investigation is pending.

No arrests were made, and the driver of the Honda who struck Luckett is reported to be a 22-year-old Long Beach woman who was not injured or arrested.  

Related articles by Zemanta
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on the 91 Freeway when this happened. I am Praying for the family of this young man. Very sad to learn that he was only 20 years old.

Friend said...

I hope we can all keep Quinn in our thoughts and prayers today.

Anonymous said...

Sorrie but Im the one who was driving the silver honda accord.

Randy Economy said...

To the person who left the note that they were driving the Silver Honda: Can you tell my readers more about the accident? How are you doing? This must have been a horrific situation. My heart goes out to you today!

Randy Economy

Anonymous said...

I knew Quinn's family very well and they are devestated. Quinn was diognozed with schizophrenia a few months ago. I knew him when he was the most friendly, smart, talented young man around. After learning of his death, it makes me take schizophrenia much more seriously.

Daniel Diaz said...

I KNEW QUINN WHE N I WAS A FRSHMEN AT CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL IN WHITTIER HE PUSHED ME TO THINGS AND HELPED ME GET THROUGH ALOT...WUT HE HELPED ME DO WAS MIND OVER MATTER...AND HE HELPED ME....MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILIA ESPECIALLY HIS LIL BROTHER AND LIL SISTER....THEY MUST BE HURTING THE MOST....

MCM said...

i knew him. he was one of my best friends. and im heartbroken.