Thursday, August 13, 2009

Econo-My-Scene: The Heartbeat of AMERICA is THE ONE AND ONLY Los Cerritos Community News!

The Buffalo News...the LCCN of Upsate New York!

Quoted in Buffalo News about the local citizen...Image by inju via Flickr

LOS CERRITOS COMMUNITY NEWS: Reading the Heartbeat of America!

By Randy Economy
Los Cerritos Community News
Econo-My-Scene for
Friday, August 14, 2009

I have enjoyed the Internet Revolution, just like every other red-blooded human on this Planet.

I like to read all of the latest “Breaking News” on web sites as it happens in “real time.”

As a journalist and blogger, and political advisor for the past three decades, I love the art of reading and researching and always try to get the heart of the matter on issues here in our community.

I am not afraid to seek the truth, and I understand that the pen is mightier than the sword.

I also realize that the “heart and pulse” of a community exist in the pages of its local community newspaper.

The Los Cerritos Community News is the “Pulse” of our diverse and wonderful community here.

From Pico Rivera to Hawaiian Gardens, and Cerritos and Artesia, from Norwalk to East Lakewood, the Los Cerritos Community News has been THE PLACE for good, honest, community journalism for half a generation.

I want everyone here in our area to help support our outstanding “local/hometown” community newspaper.

Take out a local ad about your business, or interest, or website or blog.

I started advertising my blog here 10 weeks ago, and my Blog has attracted more than 20,000 NEW and RETURING readers in this short timeframe from our dedicated LCCN readers. It’s affordable (around $20 or $30 bucks a week), and I am doing my part in HELPING support a “free and open society.”

The times are rough right now. People are suffering in tough economic times, but we need to support our local economy, and our local businesses and yes, including our local newspaper. I try to ONLY shop within our community, and try to patronize our local “mom and pop” businesses and restaurants as often as possible. It’s amazing all of the treasures and bargains you can find along Pioneer Boulevard, and in Pico Rivera, and down in The Gardens.

Remember, Free Speech is the backbone of our Democracy, and the world of communications started with the printing of a local newspaper, hundreds of years ago.

So, join me. Let your voice be heard.

Get out your pen and paper and write a letter to the editor once in a while. Talk openly about your thoughts and opinions about our “world around us” by putting in your two cents.

It would be a sad commentary if our local community newspapers ceased to exist. I love the feel of ink on my hands when I thumb through a good local community newspaper. Give me my horoscope, and crossword puzzles, and photos of local events, and tell me about what’s going on at the school board and city hall, and at local hot spots, the lo’ down on local Clubs.

That reminds me, hand me my ballpoint, it’s time for a letter….
I got a bone to pick….

Your thoughts? Drop me a note to RREconomy@cerritosnews.net.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments: