Sunday, September 12, 2010

UCLA RUNNING BACK DERRICK COLEMAN: A SCARY NIGHT AND INJURY for FORMER TROY HIGH SCHOOL STANDOUT!

A hoodie with the University of California, Lo...Image via WikipediaBy Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
September 12, 2010
2:11 a.m.

Westwood, CA

I wanted to pass a note to UCLA junior running back Derrick Coleman who was injured in the game versus Stanford last night at the Rose Bowl.

Derrick, suffered a huge hit on the side of his helmet and was taken off the field on a stretcher early in the third quarter.  Coleman carried the ball for nine yards and fumbled, and this is when his injury occurred.  The entire Rose Bowl stopped in silence and Prayed for him. 

He was knocked out on the play, but regained consciousness.

It is being reported later that he has movement in both his arms and legs. I wanted to let Derrick and his family know that I am keeping them in my Prayers this weekend.

Derrick is a former graduate of nearby Troy High School here in the OC.  He is one of my favorite UCLA players....he is also a Political Science major.
 
Keep the Faith, Derrick! 

Be SAFE! 
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Friend of Derrick said...

Randy....
I am a friend of Derrick's, and your thoughts are being echoed by everyone who knows him. Thanks for your kindness.

Anonymous said...

He's still blowing bubbles 1 week later

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.