Saturday, July 24, 2010

JUSTICE: Compton High School teacher Nicolei Hurtado Ocana heading to jail for 4 years for sexually abusing three female students.

Image via Wikipedia
By Randy Economy
http://www.economy4abc.blogspot.com/
July 24, 2010
11:20 p.m.

COMPTON –

We have one less creepy teacher in our classroom tonight...and many are breathing a sigh of relief....
Compton High mascot the Tarbabe. Compton High ...
Nicolei Hurtado Ocana, the Compton High School math teacher who was arrested on several charges of sexually abusing three of his female students appears to be heading to the slammer for the next four years.

Ocana, on Friday pleaded no contest to sexually abusing three female students, the District Attorney’s Office announced.


Ocaña, 28, pleaded no contest before Compton Superior Court Judge John Cheroske to two felony counts of oral copulation, one of a person under 16 and one of a person under 18, and one misdemeanor count of child molestation, said Deputy District Attorney Kristin Trutanich.

Ocaña will be sentenced to four years in state prison when he returns on Aug. 20 for sentencing, she said. He also will be ordered to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

The offenses took place on various dates between Sept. 1, 2008, and April 21, 2010. One victim was 15 years old and the two others were 16 at the time of the offenses. All the incidents occurred at the school, Trutanich said.

Ocaña was arrested May 7 by investigators of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Special Victims Bureau.

I have been following this case since the beginning and I have received more than 50 letters from students, faculty and members of the great Compton community about the actions of Mr. Ocana.

Any crime against a child in our community from a teacher or educator, or caregiver cannot be tolerated.  My Prayers go out to the victims of Mr. Ocana.

Justice has been served.  What are your thoughts?  Hit my comment section below.  Is this the correct penalty, or should it have been tougher? 

The remaining charges will be dismissed when he is sentenced.
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

a long time friend said...

I am devastated by this news. My heart breaks. As a long time friend and ex girlfriend I never would have thought this was true. I feel so sorry for his mother, father, and brother. I wish I can go to sleep and wake up from this horrible nightmare.

Compton HS Student said...

He was always giving me the dirty look, and was always doing the same thing to all the other girls in our school. I am SO SO glad you posted this, Randy. He lied to us and now he is going to jail. Wow.

Anonymous said...

He really was guilty. What a creep.

Compton Justice! said...

Every teacher needs to be put on notice. Keep your HANDS off our CHILDREN or you will be HEADING TO JAIL. Wonder what the TEACHERS UNION in COMPTON thinks about this idiot?

Anonymous said...

what about the girls? they as well she be punished for this because c'mon they obviously know what they were doing. They can't be that stupid in high school or are they?

There are so many cases of this all over the news. The girls knew what they were doing.

Anonymous said...

I have been told that he took the plea because he was told his record would be expunged after his time served. And he agreed to stop this madness and save his family from further heartache. As all of this is still based solely on accusations with no proof,I do not believe that he would do such a thing. Yet I know these girls, and I know they openly talked about how they got back at him. And we all know he was guilt just because of the accusation... I don't believe it.

Anonymous said...

Compton High will play a football game next Friday!!!

Anonymous said...

"As all of this is still based solely on accusations with no proof" actually there is plenty of proof...pictures, texts, and videos...sooo i believe it, he's a creep

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know he was imprisoned. I thought he was found innocent. I truly believed he didn't do the horrible things those girls accused him of so hearing that there is evidence, completely startled me. I had him as a teacher and he served me as an intelligent man who wanted the best for his students and he really did help us. It's amazing how deceiving looks can be.

Gillyhicks said...

Omg he was my algebra teacher @ century high school . I thought he was hot lol