Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Assemblyman Sebastian Ridley-Thomas Quits Citing Health Problems

Los Angeles State Assemblyman Sebastian Ridley-Thomas has thrown in the towel and abruptly resigned his South Los Angeles Area seat on Wednesday citing "health issues."

Let's face it, Sebastian Ridley-Thomas was a disaster in Sacramento and frankly his resignation should be touted with applause.  Hit the road pal.

News flash.

This is the end of the political gravy train for the 30-year-old son of political boss Los Angeles County Supervisor  Mark Ridley-Thomas.

Sacramento continues to be a Den of Dirt.  Sebastian Ridley-Thomas was a back bencher who was elected on the coat tails of his dad but people are ignorant when it comes to voting for political off=spring...

His last day in office is well.....New Years Eve at the stroke of Midnight.  Yahoo.  Pop the cork.

Here is his official letter....blah, blah, blah...

"While it has been a great honor to serve as a member of the California State Assembly for the past four years, I have decided to resign from my post effective December 31, 2017.

The reason for this difficult decision is that I am facing persistent health issues. On December 18th, I underwent surgery for the fifth time this year. Although I expect a full recovery, my physicians advise that I will need an extended period of time to recuperate.

Accordingly, I submitted my letter of resignation to Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon late yesterday. I did so with great reluctance, but even greater respect for the office, which involves constant travel, an unrelenting schedule and high stress. Unfortunately, at this point, I am no longer able to deliver the effort my constituents in the 54th District deserve.  Consequently, I am also terminating my reelection campaign.

When I resume public life, I intend to remain active in civic affairs, where my passion lies. Following recuperation, I will return to the work of political empowerment, millennial civic engagement, and inspiring the next generation of leaders.

I am grateful to have worked with some incredible colleagues -- men and women of strong conscience and determination to keep California moving forward. My hope is that, in this next chapter of public life, I can help ensure that African-Americans, millennials, and all Angelenos have a strong and vibrant voice in shaping the future of the Golden State."


Randy Economy is an American Investigative Journalist who has exposed some of the biggest political corruption scandals in Southern California history. To book Randy Economy for you talk radio or talk news program email directly to RREconomy@aol.com. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: