Thursday, June 28, 2012

Santa Fe Springs Councilman Joe Serrano goes to pot....literally.

This map shows the incorporated areas in Los A...
This map shows the incorporated areas in Los Angeles County, California. Santa Fe Springs is highlighted in red. I created it in Inkscape using data from the Los Angeles County Website (Los Angeles County Incorporated Area and District Map (PDF). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Official seal of City of Santa Fe Springs
Official seal of City of Santa Fe Springs (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

By Randy Economy
Why do HUGE BREAKING NEWS stories involving CITY COUNCILMEN who get into bad behavior here in my part of the hood always get busted on THURSDAYS.
Thursday's is when we put the "Los Cerritos Community Newspaper" to bed, and today a HUGE bombshell erupted over at Santa Fe Springs City Hall....
Stunning news today that veteran Santa Fe Springs City Councilman Joseph Serrano has agreed to plead guilty in connection to a major federal bribery case that involves the accepting thousands of dollars in cash bribes from the operator of a marijuana dispensary doing business in the tiny industrial community.
Joe, say it ain't so....
Serrano was named Thursday in a federal bribery case that alleges he took thousands of dollars in cash bribes from the operator of a marijuana store who wanted to influence the city to allow his store to stay open.
I got on the phone and talk to the City Manager, and they are all in a state of shock over this massive case that will forever change the way people look at their elected officials in the "clean and pristine" Santa Fe Springs.
Joe....what were you thinkin, pal?
Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondeгing whіch
blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Here is my web-site; varistors (http://wiki-naturba.totemnumerique.com/index.php/Index.php)