Saturday, April 16, 2011

You and I: The Wedding Song for Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton has been decided. I liked the Stevie Wonder version instead of George Micheal's take on the classic love song.


You and I. Stevie Wonder's version was legendary.

By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
Saturday, April 16, 2011
3 a.m.
Salvador (BA) - O Cantor Stevie Wonder fala na...Image via Wikipedia
Sorry Stevie.

Los Angeles, CA


The countdown to the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton is well underway.  I am still a little "miffed" that I was left off of the "official guest list."  Someone needs to do a "once over" and make sure I haven't been given the "Royal snub?"


Anyway, I will be one of the billions who will be watching all "Royal" news for the next couple of weeks leading up to the big sappy ceremony.

I partied for three days during the last mega "Royal Wedding' between Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer, back a generation ago.

Times have changed since then. Today people from all over the globe are glued to Twitter, and Facebook, My Space, and You Tube to get a latest up to minute news about the April 29th wedding.  No one knew about the "Internet" 30 years ago.  Hummmm.  My have times changed.

Tonight the "official" wedding song was revealed on the Pierce Morgan Show on CNN. George Michael has redone Stevie Wonders amazing rendition of "You and I." The new "Wedding song" for Wills and Cate will sell millions of copies during the next few days.

I like the original take of "You and I" by the legendary Stevie Wonder back in 1973. Doesn't anyone have an "original" idea any more?  Apparently not. I "wonder" if Queen Elizabeth is in a snit over this wedding song  revelation, or if she even knows who Stevie Wonder is?  Probably not.

Michael, who was born in East London, and is Greek and British has a version of "YOU AND I" floating around, and I posted his version here on the blog....

A contribution to the  Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton Charitable Gift Fund is being suggested for down loading the song.


Whatever.  

 Above Mariah Carey nails her version of the song as a tribute to Little Stevie.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

More on You and I said...

I read somewhere that Stevie composed this song SPONTANEOUSLY in the studio when he was recording "Talking Book". Meaning, he just sat down at the piano and created the chords and the words and the melody all at once without having written it ahead of time. This was in 1972 during his most prolific period when he cranked out 4 albums of GREAT songs in about 2 years, playing all the instruments and doing the arrangements. Such an incredible gift! So influential. No one can touch him really.