Tuesday, April 05, 2011

(Update at 12:05 a.m.) BREAKING: "BULLET-RIDDEN" Body found dead behind 7-11 store over at ARTESIA and PALO VERDE on the Cerritos/Bellflower boarder. Coroner waiting to release name of victim.

Location of where the bullet ridden body was found near Artesia Boulevard and Palo Verde on the Cerritos Bellflower board earlier on Tuesday morning.  There is an "alley" behind this location, and that is where the victim was discovered. 

Update at 12:03 a.m. Wednesday, April 6:  Los Angeles County Sheriff's DepartmentImage via Wikipedia
I have disabled the "comments" from this blog posting due to the nature of this case and the investigation that is now underway.  I will keep you posted.
RrE

By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
April 5, 2011
7:02 p.m.

Cerritos/Bellflower, CA

Scary morning. 

A horrific scene played out behind a well known 7-11 Store near Artesia Boulevard and Palo Verde Drive here on the Cerritos/Bellflower boarder.

A man's bullet-riddled body was found inside his vehicle in the alley behind a popular location and straddles the two communities.This map shows the incorporated areas in Los A...Image via Wikipedia The identity of the victim has not been released.

I just got off the phone with Lt. Bale from the Los Angeles County Coroners Office and he told me that they DO HAVE know who the victim is, but they are not going to release his name due to "pending notification" of next to kin.

Members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department arrived at the location, in a back alley, at around 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday when they discovered a "bullet ridden" body located inside of a vehicle.

Lt. Bale told me that the victim had "multiple" gun shots, and was pronounced dead at the scene.  It is believed that the deceased man is in his 20's.

This "strip center" includes a 7-Eleven, a dentist office, a nail shop, and bank ATM location.  As soon as the name of the victim is released, and any additional updates, I will post them here on my blog.  If you live in this area, please feel free to share your thoughts on my "comment" section below this blog post.
Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy...
I live at the apartment complex across the street. Didn't hear any shots. Cops EVERYWHERE today.

name of victim? said...

wow. this is normally a really safe area. do u know the name of who got killed?

Anonymous said...

scary.
thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

I believe he worked at the 711.

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Levi said...

I ride my bike around there around 1:00a .m. I guess it's time to change routes.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is going on in our area?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this,it is really sad I just shopped there last week. I pray that god is going to take care of wrong doing. Prayers go out to the family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randy Economy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Extremely saddened by what happened to that young man. I actually live down the street from where this happened and I go to the 7-11 quite frequently. Never thought something like that would happen over here. This neighborhood is generally quiet. This was the first site I actually saw this story on . I wonder why "mainstream" media didn't pick this up?

Unknown said...

He was my co-worker at 7eleven he was only 22years old he was a great guy and a very hard worker U will be miss and remembered rushan

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have an update on this murder? Thursday afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Randy,
Swat stormed a house in our neighborhood on 04/05/2011 about 4:pm. A young woman I understand was arrest for murder.
Are these cases related?

Anonymous said...

Any updates?