Monday, January 24, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Old Saddleback Inn located in Santa Ana is totally engulfed in flames tonight

By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
January 24, 2011
11 p.m.

Santa Ana, CA

The old Saddleback Inn over in Santa Ana is totally engulfed in massive flames tonight. 

This place is a literal historic landmark here in the "old OC."

Man, I am sick seeing this fire tonight on all the news channels

I have so many fond childhood memories of this iconic inn.  I remember seeing Jerry Brown there back in the early 1970's when he was running for California Secretary of State.  I must have been 12 back then.


I loved this hotel.  I wish I had a hundred dollars for every political chicken dinner that was held at the Saddleback.


This was the "sister" hotel to the old Saddleback Inn in Norwalk.  It is located on East First Street in Santa Ana.   BTW, they use to have the best "Spinach Salad" known to mankind.  Sad to see that this part of our "historic" past going up in flames. 

More official details from the Santa Ana Fire Department as soon as they give an update.

RIP Saddleback.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: