Sunday, January 30, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Long Beach Police Anti-Gang Detective Shot. Suspect(s) at large. Incident took place near Anahiem Street and Gundry. Share your thoughts!








Google Map Area of Gundry and Anaheim Street in Long Beach


a Long Beach police anti-gang detective was shot and wounded as he drove in a squad car with another officer near MacArthur Park over at Gundry near Anaheim Street.

Here is what sources have pieced together so far:
Flag of Long BeachImage via Wikipedia
  • Two officers were driving about 11 p.m. Saturday near Anaheim Street and Gundry Avenue. (See Map above)
  • At least one gunman opened fire.
  • One detective was struck in the the upper body.
  • Officer is expected to survive.
  • At least 60 to 70 officers are looking for the two suspects described only at "males."
No other details or the name of the officer who was injured has been released.
"The two were shot at. Another officer who happened to be nearby saw the suspects," Fernandez told the Associated Press.

Man, scary night in Long Beach.  Hope they can catch the nuts who did this.  Share your thoughts in my comment section below this blog post.  I hope they can bring those responsible for this crime to justice as soon as possible!
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in this area. It was very scary last night. Cops EVERYWHERE!

Go Beach said...

Just another typical night in Long Beach. This town is a total mess. Full of gangs and drugs and crime in every part of our community. When is Mayor Bob Foster going to start doing something about our quality of life here. I think we need a new Mayor...asap.

Stuck on Ocean said...

Long Beach is just another big city with big time crime problems, and no one can figure out a PLAN on HOW to make it better and safer.

I think we need to start a REAL conversation about GANGS and DRUGS and ALL the MILLIONS OF DOLLARS they control in our city.

I don't feel safe in Long Beach. Our city council is way to scared to stand up to the thugs.

I can't sell my Condo because of the crappy economy. I want OUT of LONG BEACH.

I live on Ocean in a high rise. What was I thinking?