By Randy Economy
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Lets face it. USC and UCLA hate each other. My late father Dick Economy bled Bruin blue. In my "adult years" I have trended "SC RED." My family is "typical" of families all over Southern California. We live for this rivalry, and live for this one COLLEGE football game. Tonight it was just plain ugly at the Rose Bowl. What the hell happened? Fist fights. Stabbings. Melee. Riot at Brookside Golf Course? WTH? Reminds me of going to the SC-UCLA Game back in the 70's at the old LA Memorial Coliseum. God, remember back then. Horrible conditions just to "get" into Downtown LA....
So, this is what I would like to get my hands on for my readers. Were you at the Rose Bowl tonight? Did you see the fight? Did you get pics or video? If you were there, PLEASE send me your IPhotos or IVideos from the "Tally Gate Party Gone Wild." It took place at around 4:20 p.m. I have already heard from some of my friends and family members who were at the game tonight.
SEND ME YOUR your pics or video to me at email@example.com.
Here are some of the facts of the mess at the Rose Bowl from the Associated Press:
- Two men were stabbed
- Two police officers had minor injuries
- Three men were arrested.
- One of the victims was stabbed in the face, and the other in the back. Yikes.
- Victims taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital and are expected to recover fully.
- 50 to 75 people participated in the fight.
- Alcohol was a "factor" according to Pasadena Police officials. (you think....?)
- Two men were arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted murder.
- One man was arrested for Assaulting a Peace Officer.
As soon as the names of victims are released, and an "official police report" uploaded by the Pasadena Police Department, I will update this post. Please, be careful in Pasadena! Share your thoughts and photos from tonight! Bruins on the SC 44 yard line in the 3rd Quarter. SC up 14-7. Opps. SC just intercepted. Fight IS on?