Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Goat-cha!" Thursday: I got sick on "pig tail." Okay, are you kidding me? "Pig tail?" Feeling fantastic tonight!

By Randy Economy
July 16. 2010
4 p.m.
Kingston, Jamaica

Today is Day 5 in my trip to Kingston, Jamaica, and the native gods visited me in the middle of the night and greeted me with a case of sour stomach.

Actually, sour is putting it mildly.

I ate some "pig tail stew" and it came up and out like a pack of wild goat.  Anyway, not to worry, I am rested, and BACK on top of the world down here.

Speaking of native tastes, I had a great goat stew the other day, and will be publishing the recipe in my book.

I have already had a couple of  amazing interviews with Fr. Gregory.  I also want to thank Siddel Ramkissoon, the 16-year old "super" nephew of Fr. Gregory for being so kind and helpful.  We are here at My Father's House in Kingston and staying in a two story loft called Guadalupe House. 

Cloudy today and tonight.  Looks like rain, smells like goat.

I lost a couple of pounds so far, and the humid conditions make me look 10 years younger.  You see, in Kingston, dreams really do come true.  I will be posting pics tomorrow.

Bye mahn,

randy

No comments: