By Randy Economy
June 16, 2010
Downtown Los Angeles
Dude, stay away from Downtown Los Angeles Thursday night, unless you TOTALLY HAVE to BE THERE. It is going to be madness and packed to the brim, so be prepared.
Staples Center, The Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, LA Film Festival and Conga Room will all be holding huge mega events on Thursday night, and all are within a few square block area in Downtown LA.
Word to the wise, if you don't have aren't a ticketed guest to any of these venues, law enforcement wants you to stay away.
A "tactical alert" is in place for law enforcement officials in Downtown LA for at least the next 24 hours.
STAPLES Center will host Game 7 of the NBA Finals Thursday night in downtown Los Angeles starting at 6:00 p.m. Fans with tickets to the game are encouraged to allow extra time travel to STAPLES Center to arrive on-time for the game, due to multiple scheduled events.
Additional events in and around L.A. LIVE and downtown Thursday include the
- E3 Convention at LA Convention Center - Concludes at 5:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles Film Festival - Red Carpet and Movie Premier at Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE - Video Games Live event starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Conga Room - Concert Starting at 10:00 p.m.
All additional patrons planning to attend the LA Film Festival events, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVES Video Games Live program or the Conga Room concert are also encouraged to allow sufficient time to arrive on timel to the area and to secure parking.
Following are street closure details that pertain to the area in and around STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE Thursday evening:
1st Quarter Closure Area (approximately 6:30 p.m.)
- Chick Hearn Court - from Albany Street to Figueroa Street
- All of Cherry Street
- Figueroa Street - from Olympic Blvd. to Pico Blvd.
- 12th St. - From Figueroa St. to Flower Street
- 12th St. - From Cherry St. to Albany Street
- Pico Blvd. - From Albany St. to Flower Street
- Figueroa St. - From Olympic Blvd to Washington Blvd.
- Flower St. - From Olympic Blvd to Venice Blvd.