Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ARRESTED: NERSES GALSTYAN and BROTHER tracked down in Seattle area for brutal bar killings in Valley Village

Breaking News
By Randy Economy
http://www.economy4abc.blogspot.com/
LOS ANGELES, CA
April 21, 2010
Updated at 5:34 p.m.

After being on the lamb for the past few week and considered one of America's Most Wanted suspects, Nerses Galstyan, the accused gunman in a brutal multiple killing at a bar in North Hollywood has been arrested by U.S. Marshals.

Galstyan and his brother Samuel were tracked down Tuesday night in a Seattle suburb.  The details of the arrest are just being made public.

Los Angeles police believe Galstyan was the shooter who killed four men and injured two others on April 3 at the Hot Spot Cafe.

Galstyan was the prime suspect in the killings of Hayk Yegnanyan, age 25, Sarkis Karadjian, 26, Harut Baburyan, 28, and Vardan Tofalyan, 31.  On April 3, 2010, at around 4:30 p.m., Galstyan walked into the Hot Spot Mediterranean Restaurant located in the 11600 block of Riverside Drive in North Hollywood and fired multiple gunshots.

There was no word on what role his brother may have played, but marshals say both men had murder warrants out on them.

The Valley Village and North Hollywood community is thrilled about this arrest.  Check back later.  I am getting lots of other details coming in on this BREAKING NEWS ITEM.  If you have a photo of Samuel Galstyan please send it to me at RREconomy@aol.com

Randy
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Seattle Sleeper said...

They caught that SOB. How in the hell did he get up to Seattle?

Riccer N Reseda said...

Did they find guns on him? Great coverage!

Anonymous said...

This is great news for our community. This has been a horrible incident. I live 4 blocks from this crime. Scary. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Do you have a photo of the other guy, his brother who was arrested?

Anonymous said...

This is a hard post to make. I'm a hang'em high man of justice myself. Hearing you say the things about this person however, will make me rethink the next time I judge some one on the news. I happen to know Nerses and his Brother. I'm an acquaintance, how ever in the short time I've known them (A couple of years)they have treated me like a brother. This whole thing is a shock because if you ever met Nerses before this you would think he was a harmless dork. He is not the killer type but here this is. I can't say I know all about his life but I don't believe all the charges. And in his defense, the community also knows that the people shot were not the roles models of society. As one Armenian person, who knew the dead, told me they will not exactly be missed. To say Nerses or his family may have been threatened would not be a stretch. Sam had a suspicious hit and run accident almost a year before where he almost lost a foot. I don't know. But what I do know is there are 3 sides to every story. I would predict that in the end if it was him that pulled the trigger then it was a crime of passion and not some random act of violence. A crime of passion can happen to any of us if pushed far enough.

Anonymous said...

Crimes of passion are one thing, this was a massacare beyond words.

No Excuses. Snapping is no defense in a court of law. Period. I pray for those souls that were murdered, and Pray for Nerses as well.