Monday, March 01, 2010

Obama has to stop smoking....NOW. I remember when he hit me up for "smokes" in Santa Monica in '04

Smoker-in-Charge!

By Randy Economy
http://www.economy4abc.blogspot.com/
March 1, 2010
6:16 p.m.

I remember the first time I met President Barack Obama.  He was an unkown State Senator from the Chicago area, and was running to become the Junior Senator from Illinois back in 2004.

We were in a parking lot at the "Water Garden" in Santa Monica on a cold, cloudy dark afternoon, at a party I was co-hosting with the Democratic Senatorial Committee.

I introduced myself to him, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Hey, can I bumb a cigarette off you?"

"Sorry, I don't smoke, Mr. Obama."

President Obama may be in "excellent health" according to his physician, but it was revealed today that his nasty smoking habit is back, and that he needs to quit, according to doctors across the nation.

Obama signed the nation's toughest anti-smoking law last June. When asked at the time if he was still smoking, the president, almost angrily, responded that law was not about him, but about preventing others from starting a bad habit he's struggled with for his entire adult life.

So tonight, I wish our Commander in Chief the very best in overcoming this hurdle, and remember, if he hits you up for a puff, just tell him "NO!"
 
Drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com  or click the headline from this Post and tell me what you think!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: