Wednesday, November 04, 2009

POST ELECTION: Pasadena City College Trustee candidate Steven Gibson thanks supporters


Here is a great note from STEVEN GIBSON (left) who was a Candidate for Pasadena Community College Board of Trustees, Area 1. The campaign was won by Geoff Baum (right) Thanks, Steven!   RrE
Randy:

I want congratulate Geoff Baum for winning the election in Area 1. The voters indicated their choice clearly and strongly.
I am proud and happy for the support I received from voters, activists and organizations in the PCC district. I feel my message was heard that PCC deserves a Board that is more engaged and in touch with students, staff and the community. While the incumbent was successful in Area 1, the two other contested elections resulted in the success of the challengers Berlinda Brown and Tony Fellows. This result of having 2 of the 3 contested races being won by challengers indicates the will of the voters to make a change in the PCC Board of Trustees away from the status quo.

While I will not be joining the PCC Board, I intend to remain active in PCC's
future and continue my activities promoting the success of students from the PCC District and encouraging sustainability. The next Leaky Pipeline forum will take place at Jackie Robinson Center on Thursday, November 12 at 7pm.

STEVEN GIBSON
Pasadena

No comments: