Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 20th, 2008: One Year Ago Today our House caught on fire. What a Year!

TODAY...ONE YEAR LATER... ONE YEAR AGO...June 20th, 2008




Today marks the date in which our house caught on fire here in Cerritos, California. What a year this has been. It was 107 degrees here in Cerritos last June 20th when our car literally exploded in the garage sending smoke, flames, and ash everywhere.

My mom Rosemary and I and my dog Chickie moved into the Cerritos Sheraton Hotel that night. All I had was a pair of walking shorts, tennis shoes, no socks, and a t-shirt. We lived at the Sheraton for around 220 days. The staff at the Sheraton was remarkable, kind, and very loving. Thanks again to Chris Halderson, General Manager of the Cerritos Sheraton and his remarkable staff for making us part of the "Sheraton Family."

I lost everything in my bedroom, the garage, all my clothes, and everything else had smoke and asbestos damage.

Since then, our house was rebuilt, and it is a true Blessing to be back into a "Home Sweet Home." My dog Chickie passed away two weeks after we moved back home, and all of the lawn and garden has been replanted. Our house won the Grand Prize Award for our Area in the "Cerritos City Wide Pride Award" a couple of weeks ago, so we have lots to celebrate during this next year.

Again, thanks for everyone who helped us in our "hour of need" this past year. You are all in my Prayers and Thoughts today!

Randy Economy

No comments: