Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Blockbusters Game Show: LOST EPISODES FOUND on YOU TUBE...featuring me! What a Riot! CHECK these CLIPS OUT!

I love game shows, and this week I am getting the opportunity to turn back the clock, and to see me the was I was (and in High Definition) back in 1987.

Four episodes in which I appeared on "Blockbusters" have been FOUND on YOU TUBE, and have also been airing these past couple of weeks on Game Show Network. BTW, I was the FIRST Director of Affiliate Sales hired at GSN back when the net' was created by my old bosses Merv Griffin, Micheal Fleming and everyone at Sony Television in Culver City, Ca.

Anyway, the shows that I appeared on GSN are PRICELESS to watch. Gosh, I was really cute back then. As a matter of fact, High Definition is my new best friend.


I got an email on my Face Book page from someone in Florida who asked me if I was "THE RANDY ECONOMY" who once appeared on "Blockbusters."

You must be kidding me?

Of course I was that "Randy Economy," and the next thing you know, these four episodes are appearing on You Tube.

I had a copy of these old episodes on worn out/tattered VHS tapes. They went up in flames when we suffered our garage/house fire in June, 2008, so those "Blockbuster" moments were only a slight part of my memory bank.

Today, I am thrill to look at these clips have been preserved, and located!

I loved going through the audition of being on "Blockbusters." Literally thousands of people tried-out to make it on the show. I had 4 "call backs" with NBC producers, and they really put you through the "ringer."

The Contestant Coordinator was Joyce Weiss Stevens, a legend in Hollywood game show history.

She told me that I was "a natural" in front of the camera, and that I really knew a lot of "stuff" about off beat topics. I loved Joyce. What a great gal!

I was lucky to get picked, and made the most of my "moment in the spotlight." More than 500 people were in the audience, and we taped 5 shows each weekend day.

Blockbusters was a great game show. You really had to think hard about many different subjects.

Anyway, watch these episodes, and share them with your friends and family.


Blockbusters was hosted by Bill Rafferty, and was only on NBC in 1987 and was replaced by "Classic Concentration" in 1988.

I was 27 years old, and was just beginning my career as a political consultant, was living in Norwalk at the time, and had just finished running Grace Napolitiano's first campaign for the Norwalk City Council.

Grace is now a Member of Congress, and I'm still stunned over the fact that I didn't know who wrote "Little Women." The correct answer is...Louisa May Alcott. Duh.

No comments: