Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wishing Norwalk's Marcel Rodarte "Gods Speed" as he heads off to Germany for service in the Air Force Reserves!!

Norwalk, CA
By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
June 26, 2010

Today more than 50 close friends and family members of Norwalk community leader Marcel Rodarte gathered at his home to wish him well on his deployment to Germany this week with the United States Air Force Reserves.

Marcel was greeted with lots of hugs and well wishes during a reception held at his home in Norwalk with those who love him the most!  Great job in hosting this event to Lupe Rodarte, Marcel's amazing mother, and to all of the community members and who helped put this "send off" together on a short notice.


Marcel will be back here in Norwalk sometime around late November.

He also used today's celebration to kicked off his campaign for the 2011 Norwalk City Council Election, in which he will be a candidate.

So, GOD SPEED Marcel!

Thanks for your service to our community and to America.  He really is a great inspiration to many here, including the young people of Norwalk!  I am proud to call Marcel my friend!

Be careful.  Make sure you follow Marcel on Facebook, and I will keep everyone of you up to date on his travels as well.

Peace!

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be honest! He is so great to you because you will be making money off of him as his campaign manager. Marcel is a Rick Ramirez reject and everyone will know it.

Anonymous said...

Randy there are plenty of other young men and women who are going off to serve our county and I would hope that you would take the time to highlight them as well. As I understand it this individual is going to Germany, not Iraqi or Afhganistan where scores of our young men and women are put in harms way everyday. Having a desk job versus riding patrols wth explosive devices planted on the sides of rodes are two totally different things. While I hate to term it a desk job, it is what it is. I appreciate the sacrifices that this individual is making, but having to put on body armour and ride in places where someone can take pot shots at you is a far dangerous mission.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that you are now filtering the comments. Is that really fair? I just left a comment and I feel it was in good taste and if I notice that you do not post it I will question your committment to hearing all sides fairly. Why do you have comment moderation?

Anonymous said...

This is not the answer for Norwalk, we do need someone who has been a rick Ramirez friend. We need a new candidate, someone who is not tied to the current city council.

Chief said...

I'd have to disagree with some of the comments made here about Marcel. Being a 21 year Navy veteran myself. We do not get to choose where and when we go. That luxury is simply not there. I’m willing to bet, the choice to have him sent to Germany was not his. Wearing the inform, your job is to simply take your orders and carry on smartly. Being the patriot that he is, if ordered to do the deed elsewhere I’m sure he would without hesitation. Another thing that you might not understand, he left his family. The sacrifice is still made, in Germany or Iraq. I know plenty of people deployed to Iraq to a desk job. His child still has to be without a dad for a while.
It would be funny to see what kind of comments would be made if you had at one point put on a uniform for a cause greater than your own. If you have put on a uniform, you should know better. I'm no better than he is, I've deployed numerous times and it wasn't to Germany.. Deployments are deployments. You can't deploy to Iraq or Afhganistan without support from Germany.