Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bring on Kevin James.. Zev is OUT of LA Mayor gig; His campaign would have been a total train wreck

The rumor mill has been swirling for months that Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky was NOT going to be running for Mayor of Los Angeles due to several "personal issues."

Well, Zev made it official today. He is NOT in the running for Mayor next year.  Probably a good thing.  He is up to his eyeballs in WAY too much personal crap in order to run for Mayor.

Zev  took the easy way OUT of this campaign.
He didn't want to face REAL JOURNALISTS about his decision.  He posted a note on his blog. Give me a break.  Now that I think about it, Zev would have made an awful Mayor, and his campaign would have been a total train wreck before Thanksgiving.  Here is his "statement" on his taxpayer paid website.  BTW:  Why do LOS ANGELES COUNTY SUPERVISORS use their "official"  WEBSITE to talk about their POLITICAL plans?  Stick to potholes, and jobs, and cleaning up the massive political pay to play crimes that are going on inside the Los Angeles County Assessor's Office.

I do agree with is one statement:  It is time for a new generation of leadership.  First name that comes to mind is Kevin James for Mayor.  Yep. Got to give Zev credit for that one....

From ZEV:

For many months, I’ve been wrestling with one of the most difficult decisions of my political life—whether to run for the office of Mayor of Los Angeles. I’ve been urged to enter next year’s race by friends, supporters and residents throughout the city.

And I’ve been humbled and touched by the confidence they’ve placed in me. I’m a lifelong resident of Los Angeles, a city facing serious challenges and opportunities. I have no doubt that, with my expertise and experience, I could help transform L.A.’s fortunes. In the end, however, it is this very length of service that has tipped the scales for me. By the end of my current term on the Board of Supervisors in December, 2014, I will have served the people of the city and county of Los Angeles for nearly 40 eventful, productive and fulfilling years. Beginning as a 26 year-old councilman, I have quite literally come of age in public life at the forefront of Los Angeles’ most critical issues. While I have never been a supporter of term limits, I do believe that four decades is long enough for any citizen to hold elective office, especially in an executive capacity. So I’ve made the decision to complete my current term on the board and then move on to the other things I’ve longed to do outside the political arena while I have plenty of productive years ahead of me. Simply put, it’s time for a new generation of leaders to emerge and guide this region into the future. I want to thank the many people who have given me advice and encouragement during the period that I have weighed this decision. I deeply appreciate their patience and understanding. I also want to thank the voters who have elected me 11 times and given me the privilege of representing them. Above all, I’m eternally grateful to my family, which has encouraged me every step of the way while sacrificing so much. Now, with that said, let me be clear: I’m not finished yet. I have more work to do and very little time in which to complete it. My dedicated staff and I will give our all during the next 27 months to get the job done. I look forward to working with you toward that end.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: