Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pirate Patches: Just ask DirecTV why I don't wear one any more.....

By Randy Economy
The Pirate
The Pirate (Image via RottenTomatoes.com)
My readers know that I am totally blind in my RIGHT EYE.  Yep. Lost sight in 2004.  I like wearing an eye patch to help me "balance."  Can't explain it.  You have to walk in my shoe
s for 24 hours to get what I am talking about.  


I LOVE this take from DirecTV in the "Roadside Ditch" commercial that is currently on the air. BTW. Don't wear eye patches on public transportation.  You are an INSTANT "conversation piece."   


"What the hell happened to your eye?" one kid asked me a couple of weeks ago? 


I told him that I was a real pirate and if he didn't leave me alone that I would take my patch off....and it would be "game on!"


The kid turned around and started to cry.  


Love my life as a PIRATE!

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: