Saturday, December 31, 2011

Auld Lang Syne: The words to the "Song of the Year!


Tonight we celebrate New Years Eve all around the world.  I will be with family and friends and am looking forward to 2012.  I loved 2011.  It was full of highs, a couple of bumps in the road, but by and large, it was everything I could have asked for and much, much more.  We will sing Auld Lang Syne tonight at Midnight.  The best RENDITION of this classic standard is by the ViVA Girls.  Love these gals, want to party with them when they come to the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts.


Happy New Year.  Here are the words to "Auld Lang Syne"

and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone:
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,
that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect
on Old long syne.
CHORUS:
On Old long syne my Jo,
in Old long syne,
That thou canst never once reflect,
on Old long syne.
My Heart is ravisht with delight,
when thee I think upon;
All Grief and Sorrow takes the flight,
and speedily is gone;
The bright resemblance of thy Face,
so fills this, Heart of mine;
That Force nor Fate can me displease,
for Old long syne.
CHORUS
Since thoughts of thee doth banish grief,
when from thee I am gone;
will not thy presence yield relief,
to this sad Heart of mine:
Why doth thy presence me defeat,
with excellence divine?
Especially when I reflect
on Old long syne

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: