Friday, September 16, 2011

TATOOINE: Planet with TWO SUNS? Yep. Meet Tatooine. Possibly the "hottest planet" in the 'hood!

Note: I am a total astronomy buff. Love everything "way out there," if you catch my drift. So, when I saw this note on the CNN website this very EARLY Friday morning here in Lost Angeles, I had to post it. Can you believe it? A planet with not one, but two suns? Talk about a perfect tan line! The joint is called "'Tatooine' " and it apparently is the only joint in the universe that revolves around two big great balls of fire. Check out this clip and report from CNN. They say that "NASA and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute [SETI] are informally calling the newly discovered world Tatooine, as homage to Skywalker's planet imagined by George Lucas." The scientific name is Kepler-16b. Now, take me to the "leader" of Tatooine! I gotta meet this dude!

No comments: