Sunday, May 08, 2011

GIVING BACK: Spending a wonderful day with the Paseo del Rey Science Magnet and raising money at their 10th Annual Island Festival

NBC LA Anchor Robert Kovacik hold up a rare "Underground Railroad" hand made quilt at the Auction....i am off the the left getting bidders to buy buy buy!  What a "priceless" piece of history that someone walked away with for around $400.
By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
CR Roberts, Cathy Creasia, Chandra Roberts and Ron "Teddy Bear" Knight.
May 8, 2011
2:21 p.m.

Playa del Rey, CA


Yesterday I served as the "Guest Auctioneer" for the 10th Annual Paseo del Rey Natural Science Magnet School's "Island Festival."  I was joined by my great friend Robert Kovacik, News Anchor at NBC LA for the day and we were joined by many well known and legendary athletes.

Randy Economy and NBC LA's Robert Kovacik
Robert and I had a total blast, and I must say, we made a "great team" and our auction brought in thousands of dollars to help support this amazing schools parent teacher.  One lucky bidder walked away with an eight day trip to Fiji, and it went for nearly $4,000.00.  We also auctioned off trips to Paris, and San Diego, and art works, and even a "set of invisaline bracers" that I believe went for at least $2,000 (if I am not mistaken). Lucky bidders also won memorabilia from tennis legends Billie Jean King and Andre Agassi, passes to Disneyland, a taping at Sony Studios to watch a taping of "The Wheel of Fortune" and a meeting with Pat Sajak and Vanna White. We also auctioned off a handmade "Underground Railroad Quilt," a day of Golf at the famed LA Golf Academy (I think that went for $600)

NBC LA's Robert Kovacik, do what he does best, giving BACK to the community!
Someone walked away with a rare antique doll during at the "Silent Auction."

We were joined by the legendary CR Roberts, who played for two championship teams with the San Francisco 49ers, Ron "Teddy Bear" Knight from the world famous Harlen Globetrotters, and many other former athletes from the National Football League. We were also joined by Chandra Roberts, the only woman member of the NFL Players Association and former Raider Cheerleaders. 

Chandra is a former resident of Cerritos, and her sister Cathy Creasia server as one of the organizers of the event.

Thanks for EVERYONE who made this day possible!  This is a GREAT school, and I look forward to next years event!

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Paseo Parent said...

Thanks Randy. You and Robert were GREAT yesterday. The students at Paseo will never forget this wonderful afternoon. Thanks for "giving back!"

Anonymous said...

Cannot believe someone won that trip to FIJI for $4,000. I am going again next year.

Anonymous said...

Hey

I'm a working mom of 2 boys and girls and I just detest going to the big box stores to get my [url=http://www.patiofurnituremax][b]Garden Furniture[/b][/url]. I just have no time in my busy schedule.

A week ago I saw PatioFurnitureMax.com - I was blown away by their selection of [url=http://www.patiofurnituremax][b]Outdoor Patio Furniture[/b][/url] . I made my order in about 2 minutes (finally a web site which makes it actually easy to buy) and being the technophobe that I am. I called them to make sure my order was correct. It's nice to get folks that actually pick up the telephone when I call them!

Anyways, I'm now counting the hours until my Recycled Plastic [url=http://www.patiofurnituremax][b]Patio Furniture Sets[/b][/url]

[url= http://www.patiofurnituremax.com][img] http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-67822773705933_2120_144318506 [/img][/url]


I'll write more when it arrives!

all the best

Doreen

PS> I also found this great article on Patio Furniture hope you like it http://www.articlesbase.com/furniture-articles/outdoor-chairs-are-a-real-piece-of-asset-by-patiofurnituremaxcom-3362702.html