Monday, February 14, 2011

MICHAEL INMAN: Beverly Hills Defense Attorney to be renamed "Michael Inmate" after pleading "no contest" to bringing drugs into the LA County Jail. Earns my "Pirate of the Week Award!"

Los Angeles, California, USAImage via WikipediaBy Randy Economy
www.Economy4abc.Blogspot.com
February 14, 2011
9:32 p.m.

LOS ANGELES

This following crime case in Los Angeles has got lots of people talking tonight.

Michael Inman, a hot shot "defense attorney" out of Beverly Hills pleaded no contest on Valentine's Day to one count of bringing drugs into a jail after he tried to smuggle heroin into a secure area of the downtown courthouse last year.

Priceless.

Mr. Inman will soon become "Inmate Inman."  Yep.  He is heading to jail for 120 days.  Bummer dude.

Deputy District Attorney Paul Nunez of the Justice System Integrity Division said Michael Inman entered the plea before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Abzug. Inman was immediately sentenced to 120 days in county jail, placed on three years formal probation and agreed to submit paperwork to the State Bar to be placed on inactive status.

If you recall, and I think I actually blogged about this dude last year, Inman was arrested in June 2010 after he entered a secure lock-up at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center to visit two defendants he was representing in a burglary and receiving stolen property case.

After Sheriff’s deputies discovered a baggie of heroin in a secure area where only Inman was waiting, he was arrested.  You think?  This has to be one of the dumbest Attorney's in 90210.

In exchange for today’s plea, three additional felony counts were dismissed, including possession of a controlled substance in a jail, possession for sale of a controlled substance and sale or transportation of a controlled substance.

For this crime plea, Inman earns my "Political Pirate of the Day Award."  Yep.  He beat out soon to be ex Los Angeles County Memorial Coliseum Commish Chair Patrick Lynch.  Not to worry.  Lynch will be a "landslide" winner of my coveted "Pirate" on Tuesday, after he gets fired. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in LA... This was my ex fiancee. He blackmailed me for bogus charges, sexually abused me and called me Lacy Peterson, he took my cat and used it for "bait", called me an Ugly F**** on Valentine's while we had a planned pregnancy with his family. He sent death threats using spy ware...he tortured me and got "away" with it! I blame the bar for taking money from his dad, who was president Reagan's attorney. He is a sociopathe and don't show this comment...call me at 310 279 2451...You will get the whole story. He had a pychotic break...he is much like Casey Anthony and thinks he is the victim...left him hate message today! I am furious...the bar knew he had his license taken for battering other ladies before me!