Friday, February 11, 2011

6:32 p.m. UPDATE: Stand Off Continues in Whittier. BREAKING: La Serna High School and Murphy Ranch Elementary school put on lock down after body of murdered woman found inside a nearby home in Whittier. Share your thoughts or photots!!

6:32 p.m. UPDATE: The standoff in Whittier between police and a man suspected of murdering a woman over on Janine Avenue is still continuing, several hours into this "standoff."

SWAT Members are surrounding the house. 

Several Los Angeles news channels have been broadcasting live updates on this situation for the past couple of hours. Keep you posted.  Be safe, folks!  I hope this can end without the loss of any more lives.


Location of the shooting in Whittier this afternoon.
By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
Friday, February 11, 2011
4:21 p.m.


Whittier, CA


I have received a couple of emails this afternoon from readers in Whittier asking me to post some information about a murder of a woman on Janine Drive and the lock down of two popular schools.

Apparently, both La Serna High School and Murphy Ranch Elementary was "locked down" this afternoon after a dead woman was found in a house on Janine Drive.  The victim is believed to have been murdered via gunshot(s).

But, the area has been placed on "lock down" because it is believed that the shooting suspect may still be in the residence of the murder. Quick work by law enforcement and from school officials kept hundreds of students safe.
La Serna High SchoolImage via Wikipedia
If you live in this area, and want to share your thoughts, please feel free to hit my comment section below.  As soon as more "official" information is released from the Whittier PD, I will be updating my blog.  BE SAFE!  Also, if you have any photos you would like to share please send them to economy4abc.blogspot.com@gmail.com.

This map shows the incorporated areas in Los A...Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy -
I live just down the street from the "shooting" on Janine. It's 8:30 PM and the street is still blocked. I've lived on Janine for 23 years and nothing like this has ever happened in this area (very quiet). The only thing I know about the house is that I walk by it on my evening walks and I've seem the older man that lives there smoking his cigar outside. Pretty sad.