Landreth, a former teacher and chess coach at John Muir High School in Pasadena, was alleged to have fatally shot Justo Cesar Morales, 25, on March 30, 2008 at the victim’s Arcadia home. According to evidence presented at a 2009 preliminary hearing, Landreth’s ex-wife had been in a relationship with Morales during the year after she separated from Landreth. Arcadia police arrested Landreth on April 2, 2008. The defendant has remained in custody since.
Tell me what you think about this case. Did you attend John Muir High School in Pasadena and have Mr. Landreth as an instructor? Share your thoughts about the victim. Hit my comment section below.
BTW: Here is a list of the "Whose Who" of the most famous graduates from John Muir High School:
after the Class of 1955.
- Roger Dawson (1958), Jazz and Salsa musician, award winning New York deejay.
- Bobby Hutcherson (1958), Award winning Jazz vibraphonist, composer and bandleader.
- Herbie Lewis (1958), Jazz bassist and teacher.
- Rod Sherman (1962), professional football player.
- Albert Stinson (1962), Jazz bassist.
- Sirhan Sirhan (1963), convicted assassin of Robert F. Kennedy.
- John Beal (1964), award-winning film and television composer. 
- Richard Bellis (1964), award-winning film and television composer.
- Octavia Butler (1965), award-winning science fiction author (d. 2006)
- Darrell Evans (1965), major league baseball player, 1969-89 
- Steven Clarke (1966), Biochemist and pioneer in aging research
- David Lee Roth (1972), lead singer of Van Halen 1974-85, 1996, 2007-current.
- Julie Bunn, (1975), Legislator, Minnesota House of Representatives (2007-current)
- Renee Tajima-Peña (1976), award-winning documentary filmmaker.
- Peter Sternberg, (1977) Professor of Mathematics, Indiana University  
- Alice Brown (1978) Track and Field Olympic Gold Medalist
- Anthony Miller (1983), former NFL wide receiver
- Linetta Wilson (1985), Olympic Gold Medalist, Track and Field
- Stacey Augmon, (1986), basketball player, NBA and Olympics
- Richard "Ricky" Ervins, (1987), NFL Player for the Washington Redskins & San Francisco 49ers
- Inger Miller (1988), track and field Olympic Gold Medalist 
- Darick Holmes, (1989) NFL Player for the Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, & Indianapolis Colts
- Brandon Rogers (1996) American Idol Season 6 12th place finalist
- Jackie Long (1998), Actor
- Sultan McCullough (1998), NFL football player, 2003 
- Ruwanga Samath (1998-2000), record producer and president of The Bird Call Productions
- Ryan Hollins (2002), NBA player and starting center for the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Richard Bell, NFL player for the Pittsburgh Steelers