Corporal Claudio Patino IV was killed last week while fighting in Afghanistan. He will be brought home today (Wednesday) to a heroes tribute.
The City Council of Yorba Linda issued this statement about the death of Patino:
"It is with profound sadness that I again ask the residents of this fine City to bow their heads to mourn the tragic loss of another fallen Marine, Corporal Claudio Patiño IV. Corporal Patiño’s service and dedication to our Country deserves our utmost respect and admiration. To Corporal Patiño and his fellow Marines, who made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of this great Nation, we humbly thank you and you shall never be forgotten.”
Here are the details of the Military Funeral for Patino.
- Patino's body is estimated to arrive at Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base Wednesday, June 30 at approximately 11:00 a.m. The address for the training base is 11200 Lexington Drive, Los Alamitos, CA 90720. The Brea Police Department will be escorting the body from the base to Hilgenfeld Mortuary.
- A viewing of the body will be open to the public at the Hilgenfeld Mortuary on Thursday, July 1, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The address for the mortuary is 120 East Broadway, Anaheim, CA 92805.
- The funeral for Corporal Patino will be held Friday, June 2 at 9:00 a.m. at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints 17130 Bastanchury Road, Yorba Linda, CA. The Service is expected to last until approximately 11:00 a.m.
- Following the funeral service, there will be a procession which will pass by Corporal Patino's former High School, El Dorado, the Yorba Linda Veterans Memorial, and the Patino family home before exiting the City via Imperial Highway. Please pay your respects at the particular stops or the on the streets as the body passes by during the procession.
- The body will be transported to the National Cemetery in Riverside after the procession and the burial will take place at 2:00 p.m.