Thursday, April 08, 2010

I'm no Dr. Lucy Jones, or Dr. Kate Hutton. But this "Earthquake Ring of Fire" is beginning to make sense!

WORLD EARTHQUAKE MAP
APRIL 8, 2010 10:15 P.M. PST


By Randy Economy
www.Economy4ABC.Blogspot.com
April 8, 2010
Cerritos, CA

Can we actually predict where earthquakes are going to strike?  I think I might be on to something here. I live in Southern California and like many of you, earth shakers are just part of our life. 

I ran across this map from the USGA website.   Interesting to see just how many earthquakes have been taking place during the past 30 days, and where they are actually located.

"The Ring of Fire"

Play along with me.....

Start with the map here on my Blog....and go to the very bottom "yellow dot" on the lower portion of Chili and start drawing a line to the next circle north....up the coast of South America, and then connect the dots into Central America, and Mexico, and then up to the California, Oregon and Washington coasts, then over the Alaska straits, and then across the Pacific into the Russian north and then down to Asia and The Philippine Islands then you swing into the Middle East and North Africa.

Got the point?

Now, can you predict where the next set of earthquakes are going to take place in the next 30 days? 

Like I said, I am no "Dr. Kate Hutton" or "Dr. Lucy Jones" (the Earthquake Babes at Cal Tech), but I do know how to connect the dots of life....

Regardless of where the next big one hits, let's keep an open eye on this map....and our feet on the ground.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: