Sunday, April 04, 2010

EASTER EARTHQUAKE: Upgraded to a 7.2 Magnitude

BREAKING NEWS:
Updated on Easter Sunday at 5:23 p.m.
By Randy Economy
http://www.economy4abc.blogspot.com/

Southern California: The major earthquake that struck this afternoon on the Pacific Coast of the United States and Mexico has been upgraded to a magnitude 7.2 quake.

It was felt across Baja California, Arizona and southern California, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

One of my readers, Paula D. who is from Mojave, Ca sent me this note:

"I felt the earthquake very slightly but had no doubt that's what it was. All of a sudden I felt a little disoriented and felt the bed I was sitting on shimmy slightly,saw the glass of water nearby slosh a little and the chandelier in the dining room swaying gently. Lasted maybe 15 seconds at around 3:43 pm."

Mojave is more than 100 miles from the epicenter.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: