Sunday, March 28, 2010

REMEMBERING LAKEWOOD'S JAKE ARAGON: A touching letter remebering the life and passing of a "kind loving person"

Official seal of City of LakewoodImage via Wikipedia
    Jake Aragon, left, was a great friend, a loving kind soul who will be missed forever!
(Aragon Family Photo)

By Randy Economy
Sunday, March 28th
Updated 11:14 a.m.

I just happen to wake up in the middle of the night.

I fell asleep watching the Gran Prix from Australia, and discovered that my email "in-box" had three news letters about the life of Jacob "Jake" Aragon, and I wanted to share them here asap.

If you have been following this Blog, and been watching local television news reports,  Jake is the 19 year old from Lakewood, CA who passed away from this Earth a couple of days ago in that tragic accident last week on the 5 and 605 Freeway that took his life and that of his friend Ryan Mark Tiedeman, 18 of Cerritos.

The outpouring of love for these two young men has been powerful, raw, and wonderful here in Cerritos, Lakewood, Artesia, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, Long Beach and in Hawaiian Gardens.

Jake and Ryan had lots of friends, and family members and the letters I have been posting here are from the heart.  So, I wanted to share this special note this morning, and these photos of Jake and ask that you keep these "sons" of our community in your hearts and prayers today, and this week when they are both laid to rest.

Jake Aragon with his brother and cousins.
(Aragon Family Photo)

"Dear Randy:


This is for Jake.  I Love U so much and miss U and I cty for U everyday. I cry myself to sleep hoping it was just a Dream, but it is a nighmare come true.


You are gone TOO SOON.  I remember when we use to kick it and u would say the funniest thing. Jake did whatever he could to help me and that what I LOVED ABOUT U.  I ASK GOD WHY DID HE TAKE U AWAY TO SOON?


I would give anything just to be able to "kick it" with you one last time.  The night God took your life he also took my heart with him.   I LOVE U BABY BOY AND ALWAYS WILL.  You will ALWAYS AND FOREVER BE IN MY HEART.


It is goning to take a while for me to get use to the fact dat ur gone forever. I hope when I die you are up there with your beautiful smile!"


If you have a memory of Jake Aragon or of Ryan Tiedeman, including any photos that you want posted here for the community to enjoy, please feel free to send them to RREconomy@aol.com

Please tell me your special memories and make sure that you tell me who is in the photos. 

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday!
Randy Economy
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Jake's pal said...

That is a great photo of Jake and his cousins. I hope we can all PRAY today...for his soul. Bless you!

Love Jake 4 EVER said...

Jake was a good guy, who will be missed and loved forever. Thanks for this memory.

Learning about LIFE said...

Sad, just plain sad. I can't stop crying. Why did this happen? We ALL need to learn from this...ALL of us. RIP