Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4.4 EARTHQUAKE HITS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA at 4:04 a.m. Centered in Pico Rivera on Whittier Fault....ROCKS me out of BED

Downtown Los AngelesImage via Wikipedia
BREAKING NEWS:
4:06 a.m.
By Randy Economy

An earthquake just took place here in Southern California.  It hit at around 4:04 a.m. and lasted for around 10 seconds.  Initial reports is that it registered a 4.4 Magitude and was center in the politically unstable city of Pico Rivera.  Who knew?

It was a roll and a jolt....and shook our house pretty good and it hit on the famous "Whittier Faultline."  I remember the last Whittier Earthquake 20 years ago...and this one was a good "wake-up" reminder.....

No damage.  Will keep you posted.  Did you feel it?

Let me know.  BE SAFE.  BE CALM.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt it!! It woke me up from being sound asleep.... scared the beegeezus out of me.

Anonymous said...

I felt it I'm shaking cuz I thought it was gonna get worse it lasted so long!!

Anonymous said...

omg omg omg! so it was...it was very very light, i wish i was already asleep so i wudnt have to feel that! im glad it didnt get stronger. hope that was it : 0