Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is that a Cock Roach in your French Dip, sir? World Famous Philippe's Restaurant shut down due to massive invasion!

Excuse me.
There's a cockroach in my French dip?

(LOST ANGELS)  Los Angeles landmark eatery, Phillippe’s Restaurant, the place that invented the French Dip sandwich, has been shut down today because of a cockroach infestation. The Los Angeles County Health Department shut the Alameda Avenue establishment (located in Downtown LA) after a customer complained about ONE nasty critter running around the floor and wall. 

I love Philippe's, and my family have eatten there for generations.  William "Bill" Binder, who for years ran Philippe's, the Los Angeles eating institution famous for its sawdust-covered floors and trademark French dip sandwiches,  died at age 94 on Jan. 28 of natural causes at a care facility in Pasadena.  His son John, runs Philippe's with his brother, Richard.
    BTW...The PICKLES are to die for

Drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com, or click the headline from this Post and tell me what you think!

No comments: