Friday, January 08, 2010

My Thoughts: The Legacy of Augustin Bobby Salcedo was Born this Week


 I wanted to share a couple of personal thoughts about the passing of community leader Augustin Bobby Salcedo. This past week, in covering his tragic murder, tens of thousands of people from all over the world have logged onto this blog to read about the news and life of this one man.



Like you, I have been truly touched by the passing of Mr. Salcedo. My heart goes out to his Family and the entire El Monte community today.


The brutal crime against Bobby has been felt all over the Globe. People in India, Russian, Japan, China, Iceland, Austria, Germany, Brazil, and South Africa have sent me notes about the passing of Mr. Salcedo.

This is the biggest reaction I have EVER had in the 5 years of publishing my Blog.

We lost Bobby Salcedo because of the bloody war on drugs.


I strongly agree with Los Angeles Catholic Cardinal Roger Mahony who said this week (at Bobby's funeral), that "ALL of US need to start talking and taking action on the drug war, right here in our community.”

Now IS the time for the Catholic Church and for EVERY Church to start getting ACTIVELY involved in the fighting this "drug" war that has destroyed hundreds of thousands of lives...right here in our community. Not in 6 months....but today. Every single Church needs to start a program to educate and to help those who lives are being affected by drugs and alcohol. Now IS the TIME for action.

We don't need more victims like Bobby Salcedo.

Let’s remember his life as a "sign" of hope. He inspired the young and the young at heart.  Bobby was an Educator whose life lessons will be taught for generations to come. The Legacy of Augustin Bobby Salcedo was born this week, and for that we are all truly blessed.

Randy Economy

Your thoughts? Hit my comment section below or send me a note to RREconomy@aol.com

No comments: