Sunday, January 10, 2010

Move over Truman, I have a new slogan for Senator Reid: "What The Hell Harry?"



By Randy Economy
http://www.economy4abc.blogspot.com/
(From The All-American City of Cerritos, CA:)

No he "DIDN'T" actually say IT, did he?

During this last historic Presidential campaign, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, and the Democratic Senate Majority Leader, said Barack Obama's chances for winning the highest office in the land were "pretty good" because "white Americans were ready for someone light-skinned who spoke with no Negro dialect."

The new revelations are being reported in the new book called "Game Change" by political correspondents Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.

"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words," Reid said in a statement. "I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans, for my improper comments." 


Okay, OF course he is going to say that in response to this national uproar.

President Obama graciously accepted Harry Reid's apology. "I've known him for years, I've seen the passionate leadership he's shown on issues of social justice and I know what's in his heart. As far as I am concerned, the book is closed."


But, what if Harry Reid was THE REPUBLICAN LEADER of the US Senate instead of the main guy in charge of the MAJORITY DEMOCRATIC PARTY who happens to be a couple of heart beats away from being the ACTUAL President of the US of A?

This one chapter Halperin's new book shows the ugly side of race politics in America. 

I am so glad that I am "color blind."  I you follow this Blog and my life, you know that I am totally blind in my right eye, and have only 40% of my vision remaining in my left eye.

How many other Americans actually think the same way Harry Reid does?

The only difference is, Harry Reid got caught saying it.

For that reason alone, our America conversation on "race" continues on and on and on.

What are your thoughts?
Should Harry Reid resign from the Senate?
Hit the headline of this Blog and click on the Comment Section below or drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com

No comments: