Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"The Howard Dean Scream:" Celebrating the 6th Anniversary of America's Biggest Presidential Shout-Out


Me on the Campaign trail with Howard Dean for President in 2003...
18 months before the now famous DEAN SCREAM!



Today is the 6th Anniversary of the now famous "Howard Dean Scream" heard around the Political World.

I was working as Governor Dean's California Delegate Selection Director for his Presidential campaign, and was actually speaking with key supporters of his that night in San Diego.  Lots has changed since that campaign.  First of all, I am no longer a Democrat, I am a PROUD REGISTERED INDEPENDENT VOTER here  in the Golden State.

Anyway, I truly love Howard Dean, and loved all of the amazing friends and memories that I made during that ONE campaign. Many of us are still connected and some of us have moved on to many other positions in life.  I spent lots of time with then Governor Dean, and I will tell you, he is one of the greatest, most compassionate people you could ever spend time with.


A lot of the people who lead the Dean campaign here in California have gone on to very high profile careers in politics, including Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, from San Diego who is now the Asst. Speaker of the California State Assembly; Eric Garcetti went on to become President of the Los Angeles City Council, and Rick Jacobs, the Chair of the California Dean campaign is now making national headlines as Chairman of the Courage Campaign.

So, today I celebrate my past, but and so thankful that my life has changed into a new direction...its great to be right in the middle of the political stream!

Let it rain!
Randy Economy

Tell me what you think?? Hit the headline of this BLOG POST, THEN CLICK on the "Comment Section" Listed BELOW to BE HEARD. Or, drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com

1 comment:

America Middle Man said...

Nice Randy. Nice to see you have gotten in the MIDDLE with the REST of us SANE THINKING PEOPLE here in AMERICA!