Monday, January 11, 2010

BREAKING NEWS IN LA PALMA: Walker Junior High and Kennedy High School put on "lockdown" today as suspect is apprehended aftert two-hour search


January 11, 2010,
1:30 p.m.

(La Palma, CA) La Palma Police Officers went to a residence at the 8600 block of Walker Street in the City of Cypress to serve an outstanding arrest warrant... for 34 year-old Philippe Mendoza.

Mendoza fled the area on foot when the officers approached.

Officers from La Palma Police Department, Cypress Police Department, and the Anaheim Police Department set up a perimeter and began searching for the suspect.

Mendoza was found hiding in the backyard of a residence in the 8500 block of Walker Street, where he was taken into custody.   The incident was aired on Eyewitness News here in LA and showed an injured Mendoza being treated for injuries at the scene.


Students from Walker Junior High School and Kennedy High School were required to stay on campus for precautionary reasons during the search due to their close proximity.

The students were released from their schools, shortly before 4:00 p.m., after the suspect was apprehended.


What are your thoughts?
Send me your IPhotos!
Hit the headline of this Blog and click on the Comment Section below or drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com

Thanks to Jim Mc Mahon in Cerritos for sending me this item!

7 comments:

LC La Palma said...

"my daughter was at Kennedy locked down, pretty scary..."

AC Former Student said...

"Kennedy is my Alma mater...and I just heard about it!"

Randy Economy said...

BTW...I was at the Bank of America on Moody when this whole thing was happening. Scary stuff.

Anonymous said...

My Daughter goes to Kennedy scary stuff. Glad they got him. Great job to Kennedy staff and the La Palma police dept.For keeping my daughter and all the kids safe.

whoismykgio said...

La Palma Police are the best. Our daughter was at Kennedy and our son was at Walker. Scary stuff. Thanks for reporting this here. I will bookmark your blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm a junior at kennedy high school. It was pretty crazy. Glad no one got hurt and that suspect was caught..

Anonymous said...

Haha, damm, my uncle outran the cops from 4 different police departments nd 2 helicopters! Haha, now that is down!!