Monday, January 25, 2010

Beware of the "Koobface" Computer Virus: I have been attacked TWICE in the last 45 days and it comes from Facebook Applications


 I wanted to let you know that their is a "malicious virus" that is being spread via Facebook and My Space.


I have been the victim of the new "KOOBFACE" Virus that is contracted through "Facebook" and "My Space" Applications like Farmville, What's my Chinese Name, Mafia Wars, Food Fights, Pillow Fights, etc.
 The virus hits really hard and super fast and locks you out of your computer when a "countdown" clock pops up on your screen. It will ask you to enter two "verification words" to keep your computer from turning off in 3 minutes. When you type in the two "verification words" the worm hits your computer and you are locked out and shut down. It is also getting around your firewalls.

I want to thank the "Geek Squad" over at the Cerritos Best Buy for getting me back up, and on line. Gonzo, and Jim and Larry and all the GEEKS are amazing! But this crash cost me $219.00 to fix. A costly worm fer ser!

So....beware of what you’re signing up for on Facebook, it might cost you hundreds of dollars in computer repairs.

Tell me what you think??
Have you been hit with the "Facebook APP Virus"
Hit the headline of this BLOG POST, THEN CLICK on the "Comment Section" Listed BELOW to BE HEARD. Or, drop me a note to RREconomy@aol.com

No comments: