Sunday, December 27, 2009

Does this flu ever go away? I'm beginning to have my doubts. Anyway, it will be a Christmas I will want to forget!


I got the flu this holiday season, and it really sucks.  I'm talking totally, Dude.

I did eveything I was "suppose" to do so I wouldn't get the flu.

I got BOTH the Regular Flu and H1N1 Flu shots during the past couple of months.

I avoided large crowds, used gallons of hand sanitizer, washed my hands 20 times a day, drank lots of fluids.  I even avoided taking wine a St. Linus Catholic Church in Norwalk during Communion. 

But, I have come down with the flu at the worst possible time, the week before, and after Chirstmas.

I am feeling a tad better tonight (Sunday), but have been fighting all of the "classic" flu crud, you know, the 103.6 fever, stomach up and down, the hot and cold chills, sore throat, body aches, incredible exhaustion.  This flu has something for everyone.  If you are a fan of the flu, you will "fall in love" with this lulu.

Since I have been in bed for 6 days now, I have been catching up on my television.  Last night I plugged into the flick "Peral Harbor" with Matt Damon  (lots of gore, and insight), the USC Emerald Bowl victory over Boston College,  and tonight I am watching  Clemson and Kentucky on the "Music City Bowl" from Nashville, TN.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish all you a great rest of the holiday week, and hope that Santa was good to you and your family.  God willing, I will be able to see my brother Rick and sister in law Cindy, and my neice Allison (and her bf Ryan), and nephew Aaron on Tuesday night here.  I will hopefully be reconnecting with one of my favorite childhood friends, Paul Sliwa for lunch this coming week as well.

Take It EASY, and BE HEALTHY!

Randy Economy

1 comment:

StarsDancing said...

I have had this DAMN FLU for 3 WEEKS NOW! IT is AWFUL. Be well Randy, love your BLOG!