Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Turning 49: It is hard for me to comprehend this whole "getting older" thing.


They say your as old as you feel.  I don't feel like I am going to be 49 this coming Friday.  When I was young, people who were 49 were well...old.

I need to "process" this weeks semi-milestone birthday.

The first thing to hit me this week, is that I am ACTUALLY older than the current President of the United States.  How can that be? I am celebrating this weekend at Roscoe's in Long Beach. Soul Food.  Good food for my aging soul. Appropriate and tasty. Anyway, I am alive and thriving here in America. I look at the glass half full, and cannot wait to celebrate birthday number 50 in 2010.  Keep me in your Prayers and Good Thoughts this week. "Sing it, Marilyn, and Stevie Wonder!!!"

Randy Economy

No comments: