Wednesday, November 25, 2009

ReMington Dunham Murder Update: 18-year old Cerritos Drive By Shooting Victim was to join the Air Force this coming January 5th


(Photo of ReMington Dunham at a make shift Memorial in his honor on Gonsalves Place and Jerry Way in Cerritos).


Wednesday, November 25th, 2009
3:36 p.m.
Update on ReMington Dunham Murder Investigation:
By Randy Economy
(Cerritos, CA)  Los Angeles County Sheriff Department Homicide Detectives are saying that the "drive by" shooting murder that claimed the life of 18-year old ReMington Dunham of East Lakewood, that occurred last Friday night on Gonsalves Place and Jerry Way in the west side of Cerritos appears to have been a "random" act of violence.


Homicide Detectives said that an investigation on the is underway and that they would be updating the members of the media and the community after the Thanksgiving holidays.  They did confirm that Dunham, a graduate of Artesia High School in 2008 was to enter the Air Force this coming January 5th, 2009.

Dunham was attending a house party on the 11100 Block of Gonsalves Place on the west side of Cerritos last Friday night when at around 10:30 p.m. shots were fired from an unidentified  car striking Dunham in the upper body.  He was taken to Tri-Cities Medical Center in nearby Hawaiian Gardens in a private vehicle from friends where he died.

More updates and additional information will be distributed to the media and to the community after the Thanksgiving Holidays, according to Sheriff Homicide detectives.

For more information look in today's Los Cerritos Community News, and here in this blog. If you have any information about this crime, please contact the Homicide Bureau at 323 890-5500.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Remington is my sweet son and I am missing him so much. I know my son is in a better place because he had a personal relationship with the Lord. He was a fun loving person, very responsible, and respectful. We saw him making that transition to manhood. He was scheduled to leave on January 12th for basic training in San Antonio TX for the Air Force. He is now in God's air force in eternity. I know I will see my son again in eternity and that comforts my very broken heart. Even though my sons life ended at the tender age of 18, he truly lived a full life. He was blessed to travel to and live in Africa for six months. He made friends easily. He helped other people feel better by encouraging them and telling funny jokes. The people that killed my son did not know him, he was not a gang banger. If they knew him they may have befriended him instead of killing him. It is my prayer that God reveals. I forgive those who killed my son and I am praying for them now. Everyone be encouraged because Remington's purpose on earth had been completed and now he is with his eternal father God.
His Mom Janet Dunham

Randy Economy said...

Mrs. Dunham, thank you for that wonderful comment! God Bless you in this sad time. Justice will be done!

Anonymous said...

well me and remington attended southeast academy.He was a really good friend of mine.The last time i seen him was our grand night.We sat next to each in the bus.He was makin me laugh the whole time there,he was a very funny person.It hurts to know that he isnt here anymore.I miss him alot.We would always play basketball together.i just want to say i miss you remi and i will never forget you my dear friend

Anonymous said...

well me and remington attended southeast academy.He was a really good friend of mine.The last time i seen him was our grand night.We sat next to each in the bus.He was makin me laugh the whole time there,he was a very funny person.It hurts to know that he isnt here anymore.I miss him alot.We would always play basketball together.i just want to say i miss you remi and i will never forget you my dear frienddeozym

Unknown said...

Man, he was a really cool guy. May he rest in peace