Monday, November 23, 2009

BREAKING: Cerritos Drive By Shooting Claims Life of 18 year old former Artesia High student ReMington Dunham. Investigation underway


(Location of Sidewalk Memorial for ReMington Dunham who was shot in Cerritos last week.)

By: Randy Economy

ReMington Dunham, 18, from East Lakewood was shot and killed last Friday evening at around 10:30 p.m. in what local law enforcement is classifying as a “drive by” shooting. The shooting occurred at the 11000 block of Gonsalves Place in Cerritos.

According to Sgt. Donald Alexander of the Cerritos Sheriff’s Station, Dunham was attending a party on Gonsalves Place in Cerritos on Friday night when at around 10:30 p.m. numerous shots were fired from an unknown passing car.

Dunham was taken from the party by a group of friends to nearby Tri-Cities Medical Center in Hawaiian Gardens where he died from his wounds.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Officers are currently investigating the incident out of their Commerce Division.


Dunham was a 2008 graduate of Artesia High School and was currently attending Cerritos College.

Officials at Artesia High School confirmed on Monday that Dunham had attended Artesia High School and was a Member of the Class of 2008 but did not release any additional information about his past student involvements.


If you have any information regarding the case, the public is being asked to call the Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.


This is the location of the drive by murder at Gonsalves Place and Jerry Way in the west side of Cerritos.  A make shift  memorial for the victim ReMington Dunham includes flowers, candles and a poems from friends. Dunham would have turned 20 years old this coming Christmas Eve.
Randy Economy Photos 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Shawnee Is a Bookaholic said...

he wouldve turned 19 christmas eve...ive been his bestfriend since we were 6

Randy Economy said...

I am so so sorry that this happened to Remington. Iam keeping him and his family and friends in my Prayers this Holiday season. Thanks for the Note!

Unknown said...

Remington is my son and my heart is now so broken that he was killed at such a tender young age. I love and miss my son so much. You cannot know the deep pain and emptiness in my heart from the loss of my son in the physical. I want so much to hug and, touch, and kiss him so much. His sisters are missing him so much, he was truly a great big brother. He had a very loving and strong relationship with all of us. I do have a great hope because my son is in a better place now. He has moved from earth time to eternity. I know this is true. My son had a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I will see my son again!Everyone be encouraged because Remington's purpose on earth had been done. He is now serving in God's air force watching over us. Thank all of you for your prayers and support. My prayer is that God will reveal and justice will be served. I have forgiven those who took my sons life and I am now lifting them up to the Lord for the saving of their souls. Rest in Peace Son
Your Mother